Friday 15 March 2013

Head Wraps / Doek

Head wraps come a long way, In my culture which is Zulu a married woman should wear a head wrap (Iduku) when she`s around her In-Laws to show respect.

Unlike in the old days were you could mostly see them on weddings, funerals, at church or at work, Lately head wraps have become fashion statements and are seen on the streets worn by +fashionistas, on fashion shows and by well known people on +TV and on +Magazines.com .

Here are a few ordinary people and celebrities wearing head wraps:









Well even stylish +Men have been spotted with their +Head Wraps










I for one cannot wait for winter which is a month away, were Im gonna wrap my head with umpteen scarfs that I own.

Images: +www.google.com


10 comments:

  1. I have fun with, cauѕe I discoveгed juѕt what I useԁ
    to bе taκіng a lоok
    fοr. You have еnded my 4 dаy long hunt!
    Goԁ Blesѕ yοu man. Have a great day.
    Bуе

    My blog рοst ... taufgeschenke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, where can I buy amaduku with African print, here in Cape Town? do you have any idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, where can I buy amaduku with African print, here in Cape Town? do you have any idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Thobeka, you can get iduku from Pan African Market in 76 Long Street Cape Town. hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. hello where can I get amaduk here in Durban , the vintage African printed ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Nhlezi, it depends on your location in Durban, if you are in Durban South then check out Durban station,Essenwood Craft Market and Victoria Street Market. Durban North,Golden Hours Family Market. Don`t forget your Mother`s or Grandmother`s closet it can be very useful trust me.

      Delete
  5. Hi where can buy iduku here in Germiston or Johannesburg? I need it for Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning, Jozi has a lot of Crafts and Markets. NewTown can be your first stop but like I said to my fellow reader Nhlezi your Mother`s or Grandmother`s closet could be very useful.

      Delete
  6. I would highly recommend Mr, Benjamin services to any person in need financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Mr, Benjamin is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email.. / lfdsloans@outlook.com  Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete